Office based or remote working
Senior Pharma Market Access Manager for the UK
Optimax Access is a young consultancy specialized in HEOR services operating mainly in the UK, with a branch in the Netherlands. Since 2019 we are part of IGES LifeScience Group, a European consultancy for market access solutions with headquarter in Germany. Having operations in Germany, UK, France, and Switzerland, Optimax Access and IGES LifeScience Group want to significantly grow their services related to the UK pharma market.
Therefore, we are seeking a Market Access specialist to join our team and be a driving force in the expansion of our Market Access profile towards the international pharmaceutical industry with respect to the UK market. The Market Access Manager will report directly to the Optimax managing director in the UK and in addition to the IGES director for pharma operations in Europe to ensure maximal synergies.
You will be responsible for developing strategic advice for our pharma clients and for establishing long-term business relationships. You will develop close cooperation with other European IGES LifeScience teams.
The candidate must have extensive experience in Market Access within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
• Leading a wide range of market access projects, ranging from early-stage pricing and reimbursement, strategic advice, peri-launch activities to post-launch studies
• Support in the build-up of a market access team including the hiring, onboarding and leadership of a (junior) market access manager
• Managing market access projects
• Seeking request for proposals (RFPs) from pharma and biotech clients
• Mapping out and developing strong working relationships with pharma and biotech clients
• Identifying, contacting and engaging with new pharma and biotech clients
• Facilitating capability presentations and providing support to develop promotional materials
• Creating and elevating new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identifying new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organizations.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates should closely match the following reference profile:
- a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a Health Economics/ Market Access-related discipline is required.
- full professional English (written and spoken) a proven track record (5+ years) in a UK market access role and launching pharmaceutical products in the UK
- In-depth and current understanding of UK payer environments including reimbursement decision-making processes, pricing and contracting strategies, and HTA processes.
- understanding and keeping up to date on the NHS commissioning environments, funding flow, key NHS issues, policy drivers and ensure internal teams are made aware of all relevant opportunities for our client
- experience in developing market access strategies, value dossiers, and proven delivery of successful outcomes, reimbursement and pricing strategies.
- an entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to demonstrate commercial awareness, including negotiation skills and the ability in working collaboratively in an international team.
- excellent skills in communication and presentation
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Car allowance
- Life and critical illness insurance
- Friendly, flexible working environment
UK (Southampton), remote working could also be considered.
How to apply
to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org