Office-based or remote working
Business Development Manager
Optimax Access is a young consultancy specializing in HEOR and Market Access services operating mainly in the UK, with a branch in the Netherlands. Since 2019 we are part of IGES LifeScience Group, a European consultancy for market access solutions with headquarters in Germany. Having operations in Germany, UK, France, and Switzerland, Optimax Access and IGES LifeScience Group want to significantly grow their services globally.
Therefore, we are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our team and be a driving force in the expansion of our Market Access profile towards the international pharmaceutical industry. The BDM will report directly to the Optimax managing director in the UK.
The BDM will be responsible for developing profitable business with new and existing customers, working flexibly to introduce new products/services, and organizing visits to current and potential clients. You will be actively pursuing sales leads, accurately assessing customer needs, and suggesting appropriate products and services. Additionally, you will be tasked with responding to customer inquiries, negotiating prices, and concluding sales orders to meet revenue targets. Key to the role will be identifying, researching, and contacting prospective customers and building positive relationships that generate future sales and repeat business.
The candidate must have experience in business development for Market Access services within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Perform high-level business development activities, including meeting with potential customers, making capabilities presentations, negotiating contract terms, and ensuring a timely and thorough new customer process.
- Seeking requests for proposals (RFPs) from pharma and biotech clients and helping to prepare proposals.
- Mapping out and developing strong working relationships with pharma and biotech clients.
- Work with financial analysts to analyze business performance; develop and implement business strategies to respond to regional trends and/or issues.
- Develop and implement short- and long-range operating objectives, strategies and marketing plans required to meet the business’s long-term growth and profitability objectives in the defined region or territory.
- Creating and elevating new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identifying new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organizations.
- Facilitating capability presentations and providing support to develop promotional materials.
- Assist in the global development of the business. Assist with due diligence on potential new business opportunities, as required.
- You will be required to drive sales against personal & company-wide sales/KPI targets to deliver successful and significant growth.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates should closely match the following reference
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Life Sciences or related scientific discipline. Master’s degree in a related scientific discipline or Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- A good understanding of the overall drug discovery process is a plus.
- Three or more years of sales/business development-related experience within areas such as pharma or biotech is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- A proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales targets in a similar role is essential, with the ability to effectively grow territories further.
- Proven success in securing new HTA submission projects is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to demonstrate commercial awareness, including negotiation skills and an ability to work collaboratively in an international team.
- Excellent skills in communication and presentation.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Car allowance
- Life and critical illness insurance
- Friendly, flexible working environment
UK (Southampton) or the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam area), partial remote working could also be considered.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Mehdi.Javanbakht@optimaxaccess.com